His 206 week 3 skill activity – all questions answered correctly –
Week Three Skill Activity
Complete the activity on the skill-building materials assigned for the week.
Question 1.Magazines and newspapers are scholarly sources
Question 2.Popular Resources are
- general interest publications
- magazines and newspapers
- all of the above
Question 3.The folly of Jim Crow: Rethinking the segregated South, which is a collection of writings by professional historians and was published by Texas A&M University Press is an example of a popular resource.
Question 4.Peer review is a means of quality control for scholarly journal articles and books.
Question 5.Scholarly sources are often peer reviewed
Question 6.Peer reviewed means that the author’s friends and family members read over the article or book and they all said that they liked it.
Question 7.Scholarly sources are reviewed by editors to look for spelling and grammar errors but the information contained in them is not reviewed for reliability
Question 8.Scholarly sources often do not contain
- formal, technical language
- charts or graphs
- informal language
- bibliographies or reference lists
Question 9.Which of these is a scholarly source?
- “Johns Hopkins mistakenly tells 294 rejected applicants they are admitted” in the Washington Post
- “There’s Even More Plastic on the Ocean Floor than on Its Surface” in Newsweek
- “Russia Panics Ahead Of Economic Turmoil” in the Huffington Post
- “Beyond the City: Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty in Rural America” in the Journal of Policy History
Question 10.Question :Popular resources usually include citations and reference lists