Contemporary global accounting topics paper | bus 627 | Ashford University
For this assignment, research two contemporary accounting topics, such as valuing intellectual capital and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and how these standards differ from Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and sustainability and environmental accounting.
There are several articles and one video in this week’s recommended resources section of the course guide that can help get you familiar with these terms and aid in your research. If you would like to choose a different contemporary accounting topic not listed, email your instructor to obtain approval prior to starting your paper.
In your paper,
- Define and describe the topics, citing real-life examples of their uses.
- Critique the pros and cons of the topics.
- Assess the popularity of the topics and what type of global companies or individuals use them.
- Hypothesize the future use of the topics; be sure to support your position with facts.
The Contemporary Global Accounting Topics Paper
- Must be four to five pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
You may need this article and the articles that are attached.