Assignment: multiple regression in practice
For this Assignment, you will continue your practice as a critical consumer of research. You will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to multiple regression.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Use the Course Guide and Assignment Help found in this week’s Learning Resources and search for a quantitative article that includes multiple regression testing. Also, you can use as guide the Research Design Alignment Table located in this week’s Learning Resources.
For this Assignment:
Write a 3- to 5-paragraphs critique of the article (2 to 3 pages). In your critique, include responses to the following:
- Why did the authors use multiple regression?
- Do you think it’s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
- Did the authors display the data?
- Do the results stand alone? Why or why not?
- Did the authors report effect size? If yes, is this meaningful?
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Chapter 12, “Regression and Correlation” (pp. 401-457) (previously read in Week 8)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Chapter 11, “Editing Output” (previously read in Week 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, 7, and 8)