Topic selection | Education homework help
Your written response to this discussion prompt assesses your ability to explain the role of action research from the viewpoint of an educational professional. This discussion also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 2.
For this discussion you will be choosing a topic to use for the balance of this course. When you select a topic, think about how it supports your current or future professional goals. Before selecting a topic, it is highly recommended that you read the final assignment for this course. Doing so will give you a glimpse into what is ultimately required for mastery of the course learning outcomes and to assist in your planning for the upcoming weeks.
Initial Post: After reading Chapter 1 of the course textbook, watching the Conscious Educating videos on action research in an educational setting, Action Research in the Classroom: Part 1 (Links to an external site.) and Action Research in the Classroom: Part 2 (Links to an external site.), and reading the elaboration provided with the Week One Instructor Guidance about action research, post a substantive initial response fully addressing each of the following:
After reading Chapter One of the course text and watching the videos (Action Research in the Classroom: Part 1 and Action Research in the Classroom: Part 2), in one paragraph provide your initial thoughts about action research. What value do you see in conducting action research in an educational setting? Provide examples from both sources to support your discussion.
Select one educational research-based topic that interests you from our course topics. List the topic you select for instructor approval prior to moving on to the next steps. The topics covered during this course include: implementing change in an education-based organization, evaluating the impact of the applied intervention, communicating outcomes, collaboration, and 21st-century leadership practices (e.g., testing and assessment, educational standards, educational technology, literacy strategies, culturally- and linguistically-diverse students, safe classroom environments, disability research in general, AD/HD, autism, emotional/behavioral disturbance, intellectual disabilities or learning disabilities, etc.).
*Note: Choose the topic that is in alignment with your current or future professional goals. The topic you choose will be used throughout this course.
- Conduct a scholarly search for a research resource via the Ashford Library (Links to an external site.) or another scholarly source. Please refer to the instructor guidance for Week One for a detailed description of a “scholarly search.”
- Provide the web link name of the research resource you chose to review.
- Next, in one paragraph,
- Describe the website that you reviewed (state, federal, blog, for profit or nonprofit, etc.).
- Reflect on one item you found most interesting in the website you reviewed.
- Finally, in two to three sentences explain why you chose this particular resources to review.
- How does this topic support your current or future professional goals?