Related diversification | Operations Management homework help
Related Diversification. Related Diversification is the most popular distinction between the different types of diversification and is made with regard to how close the field of diversification is to the field of the existing business activities. Related Diversification occurs when a company adds to or expands its existing line of production or markets.
For this assignment, consider your own company or one that you know well. Assume your company opted to pursue a strategy of related diversification and respond to the following questions.
- What industries or product categories could if diversify into that would allow it to achieve economies of scale?
- Identify at least two or three such industries or product categories?
- Describe the specific kinds of cost savings that might accrue from entry into each?
- Incorporate our coursework (Thompson text and other material) from this week into your above responses.
- Your analysis should be 500 words.
- Incorporate a minimum of at least one course (Thompson text) and one non-course scholarly/peer reviewed source in your paper.
- All written assignments must include introductory and concluding paragraphs, reference page, be double-spaced, and proper in-text citations using APA guidelines.