Stages | ORG6570 | Ashford University
After the arrest of an offender, the victim will progress through the justice system and will interact with various officials such as prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, and possibly corrections officials. These stages in the Criminal Justice System may pose different challenges to victims. Examine and evaluate the Supreme Court decisions noted in the Crime Victims text. Choose one case which you interpreted to be especially important. You must also find at least one, outside, scholarly source related to the case and address the following:
- Note the name of the case and briefly summarize the case.
- Review the outcome of the case.
- Explain your opinion regarding the case?
- Explain how the outcome of the case did or did not assist in advancing victims’ rights.
- Summarize how the outcome of the case may or may not affect crime trends.
Posts should be at least 300 words. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings by Day 7.