Last project | SOCW 6336 – Crisis, Trauma, and Disaster Response | Walden University
For your Final Project, you apply concepts, theories, and approaches presented in the course to a Crisis, Trauma, and Disaster Response Project. The project must be presented as a 8- to 10-page (not including references, title page, or abstract), double-spaced, APA-formatted project in the form of a paper. The Final Project must be submitted by Day 7 of Week 10. Refer to Week 10 for specific instructions for submission.
For your Final Project: Select one crisis type from each of the following categories (selecting a total of twocrises):
- A crisis with an individual, couple, or family
- A crisis in the community
The crises you select may be crises you personally experienced, learned about through this course, or heard about on the news, past or present. The crisis should be discussed from an academic lens and written in scholarly voice.
Then, for each crisis, complete the following:
- Describe the crisis, including: the event/situation, implications, responders, victims, survivors, and perpetrators.
- Describe the forms of critical incident assessment you might use.
- Explain the potential short-term and long-term effects that might be experienced by the people impacted by the crisis.
- Describe the particular competencies you would need to work with people impacted by the crisis.
- Explain the anticipated outcomes for immediate, short-term, and long-term interventions used.
- Explain the cultural, ethical, and legal implications that need to be considered.
- Explain potential vicarious trauma and countertransference that might occur between you and the people you might treat from this crisis.
- After addressing each point above for both types of crisis, explain what insights you had or conclusions you drew from completing this assignment.
Although the Final Project is not to be submitted until Day 7 of Week 10, you should become familiar with the project requirements and have them in mind as you proceed through the course. Many of the Discussions and Assignments relate to and can be of use in your Final Project.