For all solver | Architecture and Design homework help
Complete one of the following options.
Option A: Visual Arts Summary
Research one painting, sculpture or work of architecture. You may choose to perform your research in the University Library or an online, academic resource.
Write a 525- to 700-word summary describing your selected work of art or architecture. Include the following in your description:
- A description of the use of color, line, composition or other formal elements in the work
- A description of the types of media or materials used in the work
- An overview of the subject represented or the style of architecture
Apply appropriate APA formatting.
Submit your assignment.
Option B: Visual Arts Portfolio
Create a portfolio of 5 or 6 works of art and architecture organized under one of the following themes or another theme of your own creation:
- Works of art and architecture I would like to see in person
- Highlights of art and architecture from the Italian Renaissance
- Works from the Capitol: the art and architecture of Washington, D.C.
Write a brief 4- to 6-sentence description of each work of art or architecture that includes a description of its formal elements, the type of media or material used, and an overview of the subject or style of the work of art or architecture.
Note: You may use the websites of museums, cultural institutions, or other academic online resources.
Use a presentation tool for this assignment, such as Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Prezi®. Make sure to include correct APA formatting to cite each image and resource, and include your descriptions in the speaker notes or in another document.
Submit your assignment.
Option C: Scavenger Hunt Worksheet and Answer Key
Suppose you are a teacher creating an online activity on the topic of the humanities for your students.
Create a museum website scavenger hunt worksheet and answer key for your class. Decide which grade level, K through 12, you are teaching, and keep the age of your students in mind when creating this activity.
Include the following in your worksheet:
- 2 or 3 questions on formal elements in art
- 2 or 3 questions on media and materials in art
- 2 or 3 questions on the subject matter or style of a work of art or architecture
- The use of at least 1 or 2 different museum or cultural institution websites
The answer key must demonstrate your own understanding of the following:
- How color, line, and other formal elements are used in art and architecture.
- The various effects of different media or materials (such as watercolor, oils, or stone masonry) and how they are used by the artist or architect.
- How artists tell a story with their art or how subject or style is communicated in art.