Evaluating program manuals | Education homework help
Evaluating Program Manuals
Evaluating Program Manuals. Due by Day 7. The purpose of the family and staff manuals are to provide written documentation of the policies and procedures used in the decision making and daily operations of a program. These in-house publications should be grounded in the program’s core values, vision, and mission while providing specific guidelines for how it will abide by applicable laws and regulations. The formulation, implementation, and evaluation of these materials are critical to the program administrator role. These manuals are invaluable tools for program success and, for that reason, they deserve careful thought and consideration. Thoughtfully created policies and procedures guide families and staff and contribute to the program’s smooth operation by creating shared understandings.
After reading Chapter 4 of this week’s text,
- Review the staff manual and family handbooks from the center you selected in Week 1.
- Create a document in which you provide
- One example of how the following guidelines are communicated (see the table below).
- For each example, provide either a recommendation to improve the clarity or an approval with a rationale of why/how the statement is ideal.
- One suggested category of your own choosing that—based on the course content—you believe should be defined.
SEE ATTACHED FOR TABLE
Your evaluating program manuals assignment
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined.