Lab: milestone 5 – process modeling
As a systems analyst or knowledgeable end-user, you must learn how to draw data flow diagrams to model business process requirements. The preliminary investigation and problem analysis phases of the methodology have been completed and you understand the current system’s strengths, weaknesses, limitations, problems, opportunities, and constraints. You have already built the Context models (Milestone 3) to document business requirements for the new system. You now need to build the Level 0 (System) DFD and corresponding process models.
- Develop Level 0 DFD. Make assumptions where necessary.
- Draw one Child Diagram using the Level 0 diagram.
- Continue decomposition of one process up to primitive processes (Level 2, Level 3, etc.)
Deliverable format and software to be used are according to your instructor’s specifications. Deliverables should be neatly packaged in a binder, separated with a tab divider labeled “Milestone 5-Part II”.
• Context Data Flow Diagram Narrative – Exhibit 5.1
Level 0 Data flow Diagram
Child level diagrams: Due: __/__/__
The goal of this part of project is to write Structured English.
1. Write the Structured English for one-two primitive processes. Include sequential, decision making and iteration logics. Your instructor will indicate what specific processes to document.
Previous narratives and supplied forms
See on-line learning center website for the textbook.
Structured English: Due: __/__/__