Computing | Applied Sciences homework help
This is a required assignment worth 75 points (75-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts. Select from the following list one topic and discuss. Your submission must be 400 words and be in APA format.The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 16-20 (Jamsa, 2013).Chapter 16 topics:
- Define and describe total cost of ownership. List at least 10 items to consider when determining a data center’s total cost of ownership.
- Define and describe a capital expense. How are capital expenses different from operational expenses?
- Define and describe economies of scale and provide a cloud-based example.
- Define and describe “right sizing” as it pertains to cloud computing.
- Define Moore’s law and discus how it might influence cloud migration.
- Given company revenues of $2.5 million and expenses of $2.1 million, calculate the company’s profit and profit margin.
Chapter 17 topics:
- Compare and contrast functional and nonfunctional requirements and provide an example of each.
- Discuss why a designer should avoid selecting an implementation platform for as long as possible during the design process.
- Discuss various trade-offs a designer may need to make with respect to nonfunctional requirements.
- Discuss why the system maintenance phase is often the most expensive phase of the software development life cycle.
Chapter 18 topics:
- Using Yahoo! Pipes, create a pipe that displays the names of pizza restaurants within a given zip code.
- Using Google App Engine, create a page that displays the following Python script:
- print “Content-type: text/htmlnn”
- print “<html>Cloud Computing, Chapter 18</html>”
Chapter 19 topics:
- Define scalability.
- List five to ten potential relationships that align with the Pareto principle, such as how 80 percent of sales come from 20 percent of customers.
- Compare and contrast vertical and horizontal scaling.
- Explain the importance of the database read/write ratio.
- Assume a site guarantees 99.99 percent uptime. How many minutes per year can the site be down?
Chapter 20 topics:
- List and describe five ways you think the cloud will change the future of TV.
- List and describe five potential uses for intelligent fabric.
- List and describe five ways the cloud will influence the mobile application market, or vice versa.
- Discuss the importance of HTML 5.
- Discuss how the cloud will impact future operating systems.
- List and describe three potential location-aware applications.
- List and describe five ways intelligent devices may work together.
- Discuss the importance and function of a Content Delivery Network