What is aba? | Psychology homework help
What is ABA?
The seven dimensions of ABA identified in your text and the Baer, Wolf, and Risley article, are the guiding principles for the field of Applied Behavior Analysis. As a developing professional, it is important to understand the dimensions because each one is relevant to the work of a behavior analyst.
For this assignment, refer to the following articles assigned in the study for this unit:
- Krentz, Miltenberger, and Valbuena’s “Using Token Reinforcement to Increase Walking for Adults With Intellectual Disabilities.”
- Marsic, Berman, Barry, and McCloskey’s “The Relationship Between Intentional Self-Injurious Behavior and the Loudness Dependence of Auditory Evoked Potential in Research Volunteers.”
Then complete the following:
- Identify which of the articles is behavior analytic and which is not, and provide an explanation for your choice.
- Be sure to identify which of the seven dimensions of ABA are present in the behavior analytic article.
- Analyze why the other article is not behavior analytic. How do you know the seven dimensions are not present?
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 1–2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssign before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.
Refer to the What is ABA? Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the grading criteria for this assignment.
CRITERIANON-PERFORMANCEBASICPROFICIENTDISTINGUISHEDProvide a rationale for each dimension of ABA identified.
40%Does not provide a rationale for each dimension of ABA identified.Provides a rationale for only some of the dimensions of ABA identified, or the rationales provided are inaccurate or incomplete.Provides a rationale for each dimension of ABA identified.Provides a rationale for each dimension of ABA identified and uses support from the assigned readings.Analyze why a particular article is not behavior analytic.
40%Does not explain why a particular article is not behavior analytic.Briefly explains why a particular article is not behavior analytic, but provides little or no analysis.Analyzes why a particular article is not behavior analytic.Analyzes why a particular article is not behavior analytic by using the terminology of the seven dimensions.Demonstrate an academic writing style through well organized prose that follows assignment guidelines.
10%Does not demonstrate an academic writing style.Demonstrates minimally acceptable writing style, but still has instances of disorganization, grammatical or mechanical errors, or does not follow all assignment guidelines.Demonstrates an academic writing style through well organized prose that follows assignment guidelines.Demonstrates an academic writing style through well organized prose that contains no significant grammatical or mechanical errors and follows assignment guidelines.Demonstrate compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.
10%Does not demonstrate compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.Demonstrates minimally acceptable compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.Demonstrates compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.Develops a paper that is fully compliant with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.