cyber security | cyber security | Strayer University
Information Security and Mitigations
The protection of organizational and consumer data is an ever-evolving challenge for any business that maintains or handles such information. Responsibilities to protect data are inherent in all job roles and is a necessary requirement for the perseverance and livelihood of all organizations.
Select and conduct a case analysis on one of the data breaches mentioned in the article “Five of the Biggest Data Breaches Ever.”
After you’ve selected your case and reviewed the information, write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Identify and describe the data breach incident and the method used by the perpetrator to launch the attack (data breach).
- Provide details on the time frame of the attack. Specifically, detail when it started, when it was discovered by the organization, and when it was mitigated.
- Analyze how the data breach could have been prevented with the proper security controls in place.
- Identify the mitigations that the organization put in place to prevent a recurrence of the attack.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. The Strayer University Library has many excellent resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Implement cybersecurity controls and policies to protect an organization’s assets.