Business law assignment | business law | Bergen Community College
Please write out the questions and use complete sentences for your answers. For sources other than the textbook, make sure they are credible and provide the citations with the applicable question.
1. What is the main differences of statutory law and case law.
2. Provide a current example of a business demonstrating social responsibility.
3. Describe the differences between mediation and arbitration.
4. How do administrative agencies impact businesses?
5. Which U.S. Constitutional law effects businesses the most? Why?
6. Analyze 2 differences between civil and criminal laws.
7. Explain 2 types of legal damages and 2 types of equitable damages.
8. In August 2019, Adam Sanders wanted to lease an apartment in Paramus, New Jersey for 2 years, while he attended legal studies classes at BCC. He found a great place near the school and made a verbal agreement with the landlord to pay $950 per month for 24 months beginning September 1, 2019. In January 2020, the landlord told Adam that he was increasing the rent to $1500 a month. Can Adam enforce the original agreement to pay $950 a month? Why or why not.
9. Aunt Luisa offers her niece, Elizabeth, $ 25,000 if she promises not to use any illegal drugs while she is attending college. Has a binding contract been formed? Why?
10. Gary Jones was an employee of ABC Corporation for 25 years. John Smith, the president of ABC told Gary that since he was an excellent employee, the company will give him a bonus of $15,000 when he retires. Two years later, Gary retires but does not receive the bonus. Was John Smith’s offer enforceable? Why?