implementing effective school-wide intervention | EDSD 7074 – Implementing Effective School-Wide Intervention Models | Walden University
Effective problem solving within an MTSS requires more than just the collection of data. Most educators experienced with MTSS admit that it is a complex, systemic process that requires much thought, training, and planning by a team of professionals. Problem solving and collaboration are a part of continuous improvement of school initiatives. For this Assignment, you will compare the RtI processes used in the elementary school and high school shared in the media examples.
- Review module Learning Resources. Consider the use of assessment in problem solving.
- Evaluate research-based problem-solving processes for school-wide MTSS.
- Review the media “RtI: Elementary School” and “RtI Meeting: High School.” Reflect on the differences in the problem-solving processes in both scenarios.
For this Assignment, you will compare the RtI processes used in the elementary school and high school shared in the media examples.
Compose a 5- to 6-page paper that includes the following two sections:
Section I: Problem-Solving Processes (2 or 3 pages)
- Compare the problem-solving processes you observed in each example, explaining both the similarities and differences. Then, explain two evidence-based practices both schools could use to support their problem-solving processes. Be sure to include specific reference to the Learning Resources and/or the literature to support your suggested practice.
- Develop a problem-solving protocol for an MTSS. This could be for your school or for one of the schools discussed in the media. Include the following in your protocol:
- Steps in the process or processes
- Recommendations for evaluation of problem-solving processes
Section II: Role of Collaboration (2 or 3 pages)
- Explain the role of collaboration in the problem-solving process. Use examples to highlight the best practices. Include in your analysis the relationship between conflict, collaboration, and consensus.
For this Assignment and all others in this course and throughout the program, you will be expected to use APA style (7th ed.). Use the Walden Writing Center as a resource for completing Assignments.
Cite to watch the elementary and high school video