The middle passage | English homework help
Please read the following selections in your coursepack:
Gilyard, Keith and Anissa Wardi. African American Literature:
- – Chapter 1 Introduction, “The Middle Passage, Mourning, and Survival”
- – Hayden, Robert. “Middle Passage”
- – Morrison, Toni. Excerpt from Beloved
- – Johnson, Charles. Excerpt from Middle Passage
- – Equiano, Olaudah. Excerpt from Interesting Narrative of Olaudah Equiano.
Answer this (around 150 words):
- Using direct references from the assigned works of Robert Hayden, Toni Morrison, Charles Johnson, and Olaudah Equiano, discuss the importance and influence of the Middle Passage in the African American literary tradition.
– How is the Middle Passage depicted by Equiano reflected in the assigned readings by Hayden, Morrison, and Johnson?
– How do the artists communicate the power of language as “art” to the reader?
And respond to two other students answer 100 words for each (I will send you privately).