Eng 225 introduction to film no plagiarism plz
As we have been discussing, mise-en-scène is the use of a variety of design elements to create the visual theme of a film. As you prepare to write this discussion, take a few moments to do the following:
Note: If you would like to write about a film that is not on this list, you must email your professor for approval in advance or you may not receive credit on this discussion.
Mise-en-scène refers to different technical elements used in making a film, some of which you have already analyzed in this course. The term also encompasses the role of actors in a film, their costuming and makeup, their physical positioning and movements within the frame, as well as the different styles of acting performance.
Consider the ways in which the casting of specific actors, their makeup and costumes, their placement in chosen scenes, and how they interact with their environment on set are used to establish and develop the characters within the story.
Write (due Thursday, Day 3)
In your initial post of at least 200 words, and using specific examples from your chosen film,
- Identify three actors from your film and their style of acting in this film.
- Compare their performance in this film in relation to other performances.
- Analyze how the actors’ choices impact the development of each character.
- Describe how costuming and makeup contribute to the actor’s performance. Is it realistic, stylized, or fantastical?
- Focus on one of the actors you have discussed. Based on other films the actor has been in, would you consider this actor typecast or broad-ranging in his/her performances? If so, what does this say about the genre of film or the actor? If not, what can you infer about the flexibility of these categories? Provide evidence (references from other films, including film clips and stills) to support your argument.
You must use at least two outside sources, in any combination of embedded video clips, still photos, or scholarly sources. All sources should be documented in APA style as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Please view the video Posting in a Discussion in Canvas (Links to an external site.) for guidance on how to integrate multimedia with your response.
Guided Response (due Monday, Day 7): Respond substantively (150 to 175 words) to at least two classmates who chose different actors or different categories than you did. In your responses, reference your initial post and show how your ideas relate to those of your peers, extending the discussion. Provide support for your position. Substantive responses use theory, research, experience, and/or examples to support ideas and elaborate on the discussion topic.