benchmark-connecting a philosophy of education with k-12 historical
An effective educational leader has developed a personal philosophy of educational leadership that extends the philosophy they developed as a teacher and can evaluate his or her personal philosophy of education through the contextual lens of history and politics of K-12 education. An understanding of the major historical events, political issues, and trends influencing education in the last 70 years should be reflected in this leadership philosophy. This philosophy influences how the leader manages the strategic planning process and the outcomes of the plan, as well as how the leader integrates diverse philosophies brought forward by stakeholders.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (2,000-2,250 words) that connects your philosophy of education with the major historical events and political issues that have influenced K-12 education over the last 70 years. Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of the major historical events and political issues that have influenced K-12 education over the last 70 years. (Benchmarks C7.1: Explore the history and politics of K-12 education.)
- An identification of three current trends in education and describe your analysis and evaluation of their effects on current leadership strategies, classroom practices, and student outcomes. (Benchmarks C7.4: Analyze and evaluate current trends and issues in K-12 education with regard to their effects on leadership strategies, classroom practices, and student outcomes.)
- A formulation of a philosophy of education that synthesizes historical events and political issues into a relevant statement that enables an educational leader to successfully manage the strategic planning process