Implementing health policy within healthcare organizations
As a health care administrator, one of the challenges can be ensuring that federal, state, and local policies are effectively implemented within one’s health care organization, and they become part of internal policy. The background readings have highlighted three such policies.
- The requirement of certain health care facilities who participate in Medicare and Medicaid to strengthen their emergency preparedness
- The requirement to reduce hospital readmissions
- The requirement that hospitals comply with regulations surrounding the release of patients’ health care records
You are an assistant administrator in a nonprofit hospital that receives Medicare and Medicaid funding. Your boss has asked you to make a presentation to other leadership about one of the above policies. She would like for you to provide an overview of the policy, the implications for your organization for non-compliance, as well as recommendations about what you should be doing to ensure compliance.
After reviewing the background readings and doing additional necessary research, choose one of the regulations above. You must locate and review the legislation in question as part of your research, and include the correct citation to the federal legislation in your reference list. This must be for the actual legislation and not for a secondary source. Create a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation that covers all of the expectations of your boss. Be sure to provide speaker’s notes that extrapolate on the information within your slides and cite your sources in your slides and speaker’s notes. You should also include a reference slide.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.). Library guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.