History | Management homework help
Unit 8 Writing Assignment: Knowledge and Learning
Write an approximately 750-word original essay using the linked sources ONLY. Organize your essay around a central thesis that answers the questions posted below. Focus your paper’s analysis on providing evidence and further explanation to prove your thesis.
- According to the linked readings, how and why did the Mayan and Aztec societies in Mesoamerica share knowledge? (Who was considered educated? What was taught to children? How did people share and accumulate knowledge? What were educated people or schools expected to do for the community/empire?)
- What can we learn about World History from studying systems of education, writing, and how people accumulated and shared information?
- Overview (focus on Mesoamerica, not the Incas):
- Your completed assignment should be 750 words.
- You must write in complete sentences and paragraphs. Bullet points or lists will not be accepted.
- Please cite your sources internally using parenthetical citations or footnotes, and include a complete bibliography at the end of your paper. You should be citing the linked sources (immediately below).
- *No outside sources are permitted on this assignment.
- Be original – All papers submitted in this class are reviewed via Turnitin.com, a proprietary software database that identifies unoriginal material in papers. Please review the syllabus statement regarding the penalty for plagiarism.
- Refer to the Guidelines for Writing your Essay on the syllabus for additional writing assignment criteria.
- Please see the format guidelines contained in your syllabus. There are also links to formatting information for APA, MLA, Chicago Style, and Turbian.
- Submit your citations and bibliography within your paper. Everything should be saved and submitted in one document.
Once you have completed the writing assignment, please attach and submit your assignment here.
Due DateNov 21, 2019 11:55 PM