Career path presentation | unv503
Career Path Presentation
For this assignment, you will conduct research on the career path you plan to pursue and develop a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
- Professional Organizations – Find a minimum of three professional organizations that may help you get into your desired career field.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Identify volunteer opportunities related to the field you are pursuing that would help you confirm the field is right for you.
- Interview – Interview someone in the professional field you are pursuing.
- Program of Study Requirements – Provide a brief summary of the requirements needed to complete your program of study.
- Career Search Information – a) Find a job description for your ideal or “dream” job on Indeed.com or another job site; b) Compare the job description of the job to the program of study you are in; c) Explain what courses in the program are going to give you the skills you need to succeed in that job; d) Explain what you need to personally do to ensure you gain the skills in those courses.
- The presentation should be 10 – 12 slides in length. This includes a title/introduction slide and a reference slide.
- Speaker notes that expand upon the content of your slides are required.
- The content presented in your PPT must be supported by a minimum of three to four credible sources.
- You may include recorded narration for your presentation.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Note: Please be advised the career is Forensic Psychology