Assignment 4 management careers and diversity
Assignment 5: Management Careers and Diversity
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
A company has experienced several lawsuits as a result of equal employment opportunity (EEO) infractions. No diversity training has occurred within the company to date. As a newly promoted manager in this organization, you are given the responsibility to determine the effects of implementing diversity training for all levels of the employees in terms of future litigation and EEO problems. Consider how diversity fits into the scope of organization development and how the organizational leaders may have to change to learn from these lawsuits.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Outline an HR strategic plan that includes diversity training for all employee levels.
Your strategy should be geared to overcome the issues in the description (lack of established diversity training, lawsuits and EEO infractions). Make sure you acknowledge these issues as the reason you are developing your strategy. Keep in mind that a strategy states the problem, goals and objectives. This should be mostly narrative.
- Focus specific diversity training segments to address management’s perspectives.
Focus on the issues related to managers and how they deal with diversity i.e., promotions, communications, wage, employee disputes, leading a diverse team.
- Use a change model to persuade management to implement needed modifications to the organization’s practices.
Do not just describe your change model. Go through each step and discuss how you would implement it to accomplish your goals.
- Propose a brief training outline of diversity content.
Outline general training topics and include a narrative on how you would deliver training.
- Recommend a comprehensive method of evaluation to ensure the training will create the needed changes.
What method of evaluation will you use to determine success and ROI. Reflect back to Kirkpatrick and Phillips and discuss what actions you will take to accomplish the steps; make sure you have metrics, i.e., a reduction in complaints and lawsuits, less turnover, higher employee satisfaction. A questionnaire/survey alone is not adequate.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This is in addition to your textbook to receive maximum points. You may use articles post the week and in previous weeks to assist you with research information.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Reconstruct career management models to achieve career goals.
· Classify management development factors.
· Research organization development and change theories.
· Evaluate the effects of Diversity Training on HRD.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in developing human capital.
· Write clearly and concisely about developing human capital using proper writing mechanics.