Week 3 course project: topic selection . hist-410n
Week 3 Course Project: Topic Selection
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 20
- Submitting a file upload
No specific resources are required for this activity. Conduct general research and/or skim the textbook to help you select a topic.
You will work on a research project for the duration of this course that you will deliver as a presentation in Week 8. For this project, select a person whom you believe had significant influence (positive or negative) on a movement for social, economic, and/or political change in the 20th and 21st centuries. Explore and address the following in your project:
- Summarize the person’s ideas.
- How did the ideas or changes affect the establishment and status quo?
- What was the context in which this person proposed ideas/change?
- How did the government or the people respond to the ideas/change?
- What sort of following or support did he/she have?
- How have the ideas/actions of the person influenced contemporary cultures and ideas?
For the final presentation, make sure to go beyond the surface information and go into depth about the person you are researching.
Here is a brief breakdown of the project so that you can plan your time in the course:
For the assignment this week, address the following:
- State the topic.
- For the stated issue, identify at least three (3) aspects of the issue that you think you will likely develop in your presentation. Briefly state why you have chosen each aspect.
You are not confined to three aspects only, but you must develop at least three. As you develop your presentation, you may find other aspects that you deem more relevant, and you may add or substitute those.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1-2 paragraphs
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (as needed)
This activity will be graded using the W3 Course Project Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 3, 5, 8
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Week 3 Course Project Grading RubricWeek 3 Course Project Grading RubricCriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLength5.0 ptsMeets length requirement0.0 ptsDoes not meet length requirement5.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeMain Ideas10.0 ptsSubmission lists 3 main ideas, each in full-sentence format.8.0 ptsSubmission lists 2 main ideas, each in full-sentence format.6.0 ptsSubmission lists 1 main idea in full-sentence format.0.0 ptsNo effort10.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting: Mechanics & Usage5.0 ptsThe writing is free of errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation that would detract from a clear reading of the paper.4.0 ptsThe writing contains some errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation that need to be addressed for a clearer reading of the paper.3.0 ptsThe writing contains several errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation that impede a clear reading of the paper.0.0 ptsNo effort5.0 pts
Total Points: 20.0