Report 2 | Criminal homework help
Article Review Assignment: Historical Tradition Changes: New Policy on the Death Penalty for Minors
Read the following article in the Library.
- (2009). Roper, Superintendent, Potosi Correctional Center v. Simmons: certiorari to the Supreme Court of Missouri. Supreme Court Cases: The Twenty-first Century (2000 – Present), 1–5.
After you have read the article, write a 3–5-page summary of the article addressing the questions below:
- In Roper v. Simmons, what was basis of the U.S. Supreme Courts’ opinion?
- What was the dissenting opinion?
- What policy and treatment implications can you envision as a result of this decision?
- Do you believe that juveniles should be put to death? Why, or why not?
Provide illustrative examples to support your position.
Use appropriate APA citations and other research to support your claims.
Note: This paper will require outside research. Use at least two credible outside research sources, including academic journals, to support your position. Discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.
PART 2 —3-4 PARAGRAPHS EACH TOPIC.
Topic 1: Biological and Psychological Theories
What do you consider to be the most important issues faced by biological and psychological theorists in explaining criminal behaviors? Why? How could the theories gain more credibility in the scientific community?
Topic 2: Routine Activities Theory:
There are three routine activities that are likely to produce crime and enhance the chances of victimization. Name each of those three activities and discuss their implications.