Quality improvement plan | Operations Management homework help
For your final paper, pick one of the following departments:
- A Manufacturing Department producing widgets with an internal production rejection rate of 2% and a return within warranty period of 5%.
- A Service Department with complaints from 7% of its customers.
Neither department has detailed records of what the issues are. In your paper, recommend a proposed quality improvement plan based on the COPIS model. The recommendation should include the following:
- Build the justification for a quality improvement plan.
- Identify several approaches to customer service and describe one more in depth; illustrate the relationship between customer loyalty and output satisfaction.
- Design an output-control and measurement approach to improve process performance.
- Evaluate different process-improvement and management approaches.
- Justify a recommended process-improvement approach.
- Develop an input-measurement and management approach.
- Develop a supplier-management approach to improve input and supplier quality.
- Propose your customer-focused recommendations in your summary or conclusion.
You improvement plan must incorporate at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
The Final Paper
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages (1,500 – 1,750 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style