Qualitative analysis: understanding the coding process
Understanding qualitative analysis begins by understanding the coding process. While qualitative analysis software can assist with the analysis, researchers must still use logic and reasoning to create the codes from the raw data. In this assignment, you will analyze interview and focus group transcripts by inductively coding the data and developing themes. This will mimic the process and feeling of coding a large study though on a much smaller scale.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to “Qualitative Analysis Assignment Directions” in the Study Materials for this topic.
- Refer to the transcripts “Sped Focus Group,” “Sped Interview,” and “TS Focus Group” in the Study Materials for this topic.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Access the document “Qualitative Analysis Assignment Directions” from the Study Materials for this topic.
Complete the tasks as directed in the document.