M5 assignment 2: career study instructions (crj 127) due 11/11/20 | CRJ 127 | Pikes Peak Community College
Assignment 2: Career Study
In this assignment, you will examine how different types of science can help solve a crime scene by creating a PowerPoint or written assignment. Students will pick a topic such as blood spatter, entomology, forensic anthropology etc. and research this career field. Science is an important part of solving crime scenes. In CSI shows, we often see crime scenes where one or two people are experts in everything but in reality, there are many different roles in this field. There are homicide detectives who work the scene and then they deliver the evidence to a lab where experts in a specific topic take over.
There are two options for completing this assignment (choose one) either: 1) create a PowerPoint or, 2) a written paper on the topic.
In your paper or presentation, be sure to address the following:
- The specific field you are researching
- History of the specific field and the relation to criminal investigations
- What a career looks like in this field
- A case in which this science was utilized
- You can use either MSWord or PowerPoint for this assignment
- Use Times New Roman, 12 pt. font and double-space the report, if you choose the written paper option
- Use proper APA formatting for citing your source(s).
- Save as: CRJ127_M5_Assign2_lastnamefirstname
- Submit the M5 Assignment 2 Submission folder, as a .doc, .docx or .ppt, .pptx file.