Differences and similarities between the three forms of nursing
Read the evidence representing the three forms of nursing inquiry (QI, research, and EBP) on provided articles (attached). selected problem/ articles: (Improving the control of blood sugar in diabetic patients). Analyze the aim, methods used, and outcomes sought for each type of inquiry. Determine how teamwork and critical thinking processes were implemented. Create a PowerPoint presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Material provided (attached): three articles related to Diabetes using QI, research, and EBP approach:
– American Diabetes Association. (2018). Diabetes Care in the Hospital: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2019. doi: 10.2337/dc19-S015 Link (Links to an external site.)
– Russell, N.M., Vess, J., Durham, C., & Johnson, E. (2017). Text-messaging to support diabetes self-management in a rural health clinic: A Quality Improvement project. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 21(2). Link (Links to an external site.)
– Whitehead, L.C., Crowe, M.T., Carter, J.D., Maskill, V.R., Caryle, D., Bugge, C., & Frampton, C.M.A. (2017). A nurse-led education and cognitive behavior therapy-based intervention among adults with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 23(4). 821-829. doi: 10.1111/jep.12725 Link (Links to an external site.)
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to analyze the differences and similarities between the three forms of nursing inquiry: quality improvement (QI), research, and evidence-based practice (EBP). This assignment will allow for a discovery into the aim, methods and outcomes associated with each type of inquiry, including how these forms of inquiry are distinct yet similar in addressing a nursing practice problem. Formulation of a PowerPoint presentation which is inclusive of comprehensive speaker notes that supports professional formation, communication, and dissemination skills relevant to the DNP practice scholar.
Include the following sections addressing the three forms of nursing inquiry (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric).
– Introduction (1-2 slides)
– Describes purpose of the presentation
– Identifies selected nursing problem
– Includes significance and scope of the practice problem (including citation)
– Differentiation of the three forms of nursing inquiry (2-4 slides)
– Compares and contrasts QI, research, and EBP as forms of nursing inquiry
– Discusses the impact of each form of inquiry on nursing practice
– Describes how the DNP practice scholar applies each form of inquiry
– Analyses of the evidence representing the three forms of nursing inquiry (5-7 slides)
– Identifies selected evidence representing the three forms of nursing inquiry (including citations)
– Compares and contrasts the aims of the selected evidence in addressing the practice problem
– Compares and contrasts the methods used in the selected evidence
– Examines the impact of teamwork, when used, in the selected evidence
– Compares outcomes in the selected evidence
– Conclusion (2-3 slides)
– Includes an evaluation of the impact of the three forms of evidence on the selected nursing practice problem /
– Includes a summative statement of the impact of the forms of inquiry on nursing
– Includes a summative statement of the impact of the forms of inquiry on the role of the DNP practice scholar
– References (1-2 slides). Includes all references cited in the presentation. Can be the three provided for analysis (attached material) and at least another to address the differences between quality improvement (QI), research, and evidence-based practice (EBP).
– Includes 10-18 PowerPoint slides
– Maintains the 6 x 6 rule for a professional PowerPoint presentation: (no more than 6 lines per slide, 6 words per line).
– Include speaker notes that support professional formation, communication, and dissemination skills.
– Grammar and mechanics are free of errors
– Uses appropriate APA format (6th ed.) and is free of errors