Compensation case study | Management homework help
REFER TO THE COMPENSATION CASE STUDY RUBRIC FOR GUIDELINES
In this paper, you will compare and contrast pay structures used by two different businesses. For example, you could choose between Apple and Dell, Target and Kohl’s, OR Walmart and Meijer’s. The businesses you compare should provide similar products and/or services and be in close proximity, such as the same city or state. Review articles and videos found throughout the course and/or search the Internet to find articles relating to how your two chosen organizations differ or are similar in compensation (wages and benefits). Pooling the information you found, address the questions below:
- How does motivation play in to the type of people working at both organizations?
- Are organizational strategies being met by the type of employees? In other words, how is the organizational strategy working out for both businesses?
- What type(s) of employee communication methods are used at both organizations and is it effective?
- How are employees engaged with the organization and how satisfied do they appear to be?
- What type of pay structure is used at both organizations?
- What are some of the legal requirements and economic influences facing each organization that may or may not influence the pay structure?
- Which organization seems to provide more incentives for employees to perform to their fullest potential?
- What incentives appear to be working the best? Why?
- Which organization would you prefer to work for and why?
- If you were a human resource manager at your chosen organization, what would you like to change about the organization and why?
Follow the Case Study Rubric carefully! Your paper should be 3 to 4 pages in length, double-spaced, using Times New Roman or Arial size 12 font with 1” margins all around. Include a cover page and an APA formatted reference page containing at least four references.