1 and half page question1 only
Please submit a typed 6-page (maximum) write-up (double spaced, Times Roman, 12 point, 1” margins) in PDF format. To be fair to all groups, the TA will not read beyond the 6-page point. Because these are group assignments, only one person needs to submit the case assignment for all group members.
Here are a few recommended tools for your group to consider when collaborating on Case Assignments:
- Zoom (ucimerage.zoom.us)
- Google Apps for Education/Google Docs
- Microsoft Office 365 Online
If you have questions regarding this assignment, please contact TA Duke Chowdhury at [email protected] as he will be grading it.
- How would you analyze the process Clark is using to determine his best “investment bets” for allocating resources?
- Which of the four managers’ proposals should Clark favor? Absent any resource constraints, which of the four departmental directions do you think is the most viable? Which is the second-best strategy? Which is the least viable? (In considering Mackey’s proposal to acquire a company, do the quantitative analysis on Red Dragon Foods only.)
- If Clark chooses a strategic direction that favors only one department, what negative effects could this have on other departments? How can Clark mitigate the damage?
- What effects is the change in the strengths and weaknesses of competition having on the Brannigan’s division? How does this impact the investment decision?
- Given the information in the case, what strategic course do you think the division should pursue?