Final exam amh 1020 | American history homework help
FINAL EXAM AMH 1020
Pick THREE questions and answer them using well thought out essays. Your essays should be from one and a half to two pages in length. Your exam is due no later than 11:59 PM. DECEMBER 7 and should be submitted to CANVAS. I’m sorry I cannot grant any extensions for this exam. I am literally giving you to the last minute to write and submit the exam—there is absolutely no leeway, so please, get your essay in by the due date and GOOD LUCK!
- Discuss McCarthyism during the 1950s. What were its root causes? What were its effects? In what ways did it reflect the culture of the late 1940s-early 1950s?
- Discuss the US posture of isolationism prior to the Second World War. What were some of the reasons for the US taking this political position and why were they significant? How did Roosevelt steer the US towards war?
- Compare and contrast the Cold War foreign policies of Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy. What points did they have in common and how did they differ. Hint: Examining how these men handled their flashpoints: the Korean Conflict, the Suez and Hungarian crises, and the Cuban Missile Crisis, and how Kennedy handled Vietnam will help you in answering this question.
- Evaluate the struggle for civil rights during the late 1950s and 1960s. In your answer, you should discuss the role played by groups and organizations such as the Ku Klux Klan and the NAACP, and the impact of Supreme Court rulings, legislative acts, and executive actions as well as the impact of individuals such as Martin Luther King.
- The 1950s have been described as an era of conformity. Do you agree or disagree with this statement. Support your position
- While Roosevelt’s New Deal is generally credited with ending the Great Depression, a substantial body of historians view it in a more negative light, arguing that some of his programs actually hampered recovery. Which position do you think is the better interpretation? Why or why not?