Educ 815 quiz 2 | Education homework help
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Another term corresponding to target population in quantitative research is
2. In doing a survey of Chicago residents’ evaluation of their schools, the researcher divides the city into 9 square-block areas and randomly selects 20 areas for study. This is an example of
3. A test is reliable to the extent that it
4. In contrast to the use of performance tests in research, the use of self-report measures generally
5. An educational researcher is conducting an experiment and has a control group and a treatment group. What is the minimum desirable number of particpants required for his study?
6. The interpretation of an individual’s test score by comparing it to the scores earned by other individuals is referred to as
7. The problem of attrition (loss of research participants) is best reduced by
8. For a study to have population validity,
9. Test validity is
10. When attitude or opinion questions are asked on a questionnaire, it has been found that
11. The extent to which a trained observer’s scores agree with those of an expert observer is a measure of
12. The objectivity of a standardized test refers to its
13. A researcher wants to analyze the match between state science standards and what is taught in the high school science curriculum. He selects the five most frequently-adopted high school science textbooks as his sample. This is an example of:
14. A prespecified standard of performance is most important in
15. Which of the following is an example of an inferential observational variable?
16. Measuring the elapsed time that target behaviors occur is referred to as
17. The tendency to present oneself in a favorable light when responding to a self-report measure is known as a(n) ______________ response set.
18. A researcher records whether a particular student is on-task or off-task when the lesson begins, five
minutes later, and every five minutes thereafter until the lesson is over. This procedure for recording
observations is called
19. Research studies suggest that, on average, three follow-up contacts with nonrespondents increases the response rate to a questionnaire by about _____ percent.
20. Intra-observer reliability is a measure of the extent to which
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE: