Organizational leadership masters degree level paper
Human/Machine Interface Systems Application
HMI Systems (HMI Syst)
“ Wir gehen!” (“We’re going!”) – KLM Captain Jacob Veldhuyzen van Zanten
· Format: Your audience for this paper is practicing managers in your industry.
· The paper should use A.P.A. (American Psychological Association) style and be approximately 2,000 words in length. Must include abstract and reference pages and in-text citation!
· Utilizing the resources of the World Wide Web and University Library databases Scholarly Journals complete Masters-level research into the antecedent events and final details of the March 27, 1977 crash of KLM 4805 and Pan Am 1736 at Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
· Consider this horrific crash to be a metaphor for leadership in the turbulent modern economic marketplace.
· Briefly examine at least eight impediments that hindered the decision-making of those directly involved in the crash.
· List and prioritize the actions the pilots of both aircraft should have taken to avoid the crash and loss of life.
· Explain how these proposed actions might be translated into the daily actions of a successful corporate leader.
· Include appropriate lessons that might be learned relative to the effective management of technology and how those lessons should be applied to modern-day organizations.